THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Bohemian Alps 2008

Three weeks after the Lean Horse 100 mile ultra Nebraska holds it's only Ultra distance race, the Bohemian Alps 50k. I can't say I was fully recovered from the Lean Horse but it's important to support our local races when-ever possible.

Again, the day was a tough one. The forecast was calling for mild temperatures but holy cow it was hot. Upper 80's and when you are a walking oven, that's hot. I think everyone said they had difficulty with the heat. The fastest time was around 5hours. I happened to finish the Alps in 7 hours 11minutes. I'm please with the time and had a blast doing it.

The Bohemian Alps is a 32 mile run in Branard Nebraska. Rolling hills, dirt roads and trails. My GPS says we had 3685 feet of Ascent/Descent. September is the start of harvest season so the occasional grain truck flying by and kicking up road dirt is a factor as well. Sweat + Dirt = a messy dry eyed Greg.

When I first started doing triathlon the race would always give you a photo or drawing of the area.

Since I started doing ultras the RD would give you a satellite photo or county road map for distance and direction. I wish they wouldn't do that. Scars the shit out of me when you see the big picture.




Post race beers and BBQ. I wasn't worth a crap here. Notice I thought this one through. I camped out by the beer cooler. Now if I could just give my dick to someone to go take a piss for me, I'd be happy. I was on my own for that one.


Going down!



No comments: