THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, February 28, 2009

Phyco Wyco 2009

February 14th Valentines Day was my third running of Kansas Cities Phyco Wyco. Who would of ever thought Bad Ben would have arranged good weather and decent trail conditions. We were not prepared for that. He always has something up his sleeve. Last winter is was ankle deep, shoe sucking mud. Last July was crazy heat. Don't get me wrong, the mud showed up, but not until the end of the day. Over-all I was happy with an 8hour 9 minute finish. I was still at the back of the pack, but this was a personal PR for me. AND we had a blast.


Always a half dozen stream crossing adds to the fun. At the end of the day the trail leading out of the stream was mucky ol' mud.

Bob was kind enough to slow his day down to help me stay motivated. I think he would of had a healthy PR had he chose to run his own race. He was looking strong.




Rob and KT ran the Dawgs.
KT ran the 10mile option. Rob ran the 20miler with OLY. His last 10 mile lap was impressive running it in a hour twenty-ish.

Oly the super stud with his first finisher metal.
What's next.......in two weeks I'm running a 50 miler on the Heartland 100 course on March 14th. Then two weeks after that (Easter weekend). I'm taking my second stab at the McNaughton Park 100miler.
















1 comment:

Oly said...

Congrats on the PR "Uncle" Greg!

Thanks for taking me out for a run the other night as well, I had fun. Also best of luck on your upcoming race.

BTW- I miss me some peanut, so can you send me a pic of her please.

Bark!