THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, September 27, 2007

Can anyone tell me where the year went?

OK so I start the year off running some routes through a local neighborhood where there aren't many houses. Just a newly developed streets with new lots for future homes. One day someone started digging a basement and everyday you could see major progress on the construction of the house. It was fun to run by everyday to see what was done to this house.





Well now the house is built with a family settled in and they have neighbors. And I mean a lot of neighbors. In one summer my peaceful quiet running ground has turned into a full blown neighborhood. There are at least a dozen new houses and more are being built. So I have to ask this question. Were in the hell has the time gone? My quiet peaceful running sanctuary has turned from wide open spaces, to closed in neighborhoods with "blue haired old ladies and old dudes with orthopedic socks, and white assed legs bent over in their flowers beds showing the world wwwwaaay toooooo much.





So I sit here and I says to myself......"self" has time passed me by or was this a fast year? I started this year with one goal and that goal was to complete my first 100 mile ultra marathon. Well the end result of that was a big "DNF" So how do I fix that? What do I do next year to make sure that doesn't happen again? Do I consult a coach? Do I read some motivational books or DVD's?Iin some of my past jobs my bosses have hung motivational posters to boost moral and productivity. That was their solution for motivation. So what the Hell! Let's get a poster. But the question is........which one?








Will it be Ingenuity?











VAGINA?











BEER?












Diplomacy?







Fatherhood?











Flexibility?











Fail?











Stupidity? I know too many who have already claimed this one.










Carpet Muncher?











Dumb...Word to live by.
















Conformism?
















Or just having to deal with Retards?








3 comments:

Bigun said...

I seem to just not be flexible enough.

Oly said...

I have resembled most of those, if not all, at one time or another.

Yeti said...

Really

A clown car and a retard.

I make a note..