THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

What's the next best thing to running...."Crewing"



The question is......What's the next best thing to running......The answer is..."crewing". I'm really looking forward to this weekend. My buddy Rob is running in the Bohemian Alps Ultra next Saturday. This is a 50k on rolling hills and gravel roads. The last 10 miles of this race is a combination of off-road trails and aggressive hills. I think that's what's makes this a crazy race, when you think the race is almost over. Then they throw in this section of the race and it can be an demoralizing experience. It's tough. All's you want to do is get home, and you find yourself jumping roots and running across ed cornrows. Ouch!

I have high hopes for Blink this week. He has been low-keyed about how he will do this week. I already know he'll do well. So I'm calling him out on this race. He will finish in the top 20. OK well there usually isn't more than 20 people that compete in this race. I think he will be in the top three.


This is a photo of Blinks crew two years ago. He is lucky enough to have Mrs. Blink and the two squirrel girls again this year. I'll be hitching a ride with them this year.

Blink I only ask one favor.......Please don't put any Doctor Seuss books in the van. If you do I'll give-em a Redbull before I send em home with you.

Good luck this week Brutha!

After the race the race we will be smoking some ribs and watching some Nebraska Football.

I already know where we'll be shopping.

You know you can't beat "Dicks Meat"










4 comments:

Oly said...

Nice pic sandbagger. :)

It will be fun having you there and I'm guessing there will be more than twenty in da race.

But your right that I can't beat Dick's meat! No way no how.

It's gonna be a good weekend no matter what happens. I'm looking forward to it and glad you will be a part of it.

Bigun said...

Crew him well, Yetser. With all that extra weight he's carrying around, he'll need the support. Bring some extra shoes as he'll probably blow out the heels on one in the first 20 miles.

Anonymous said...

Hey Yeti,
Thanks for the comment. Yup I'm just taking it one day at a time right now. I thought Bohemian Alps was a 50 miler not a 50km? When did they change that?
I ran a race with a guy who has won the half marathon there. Do you know an Ivan Marsh? Man hes a pretty solid runner.
Hey It doesn't sound like your beating yourself up over not finishing your hundred. Thats good. I didn't finish my first one either. I ended up dropping at 83 miles in fifth place. It was a real bummer. Keep up the blog. Later.

Anonymous said...

Yeah Ivan came down to do the rock creek 25km and he past me around 4.5 in. We were already cruising around a 6:40 per mile on trail and he just tapped me on my shoulder and went by like i was stuck in the mud. Even if I had been on top form that day I would've had a hard time sticking with him. He ended up running a 1:46:?? I finished in third with a 1:57:??. I designed that course to be real tough so I'm still in awe of what he did. Super nice guy though. Good luck crewing tommorow. I hope your runner does well.