THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, August 20, 2007

Nesting






Now that I'm into my second week
of a two week taper and my first 100
mile Ultra is less than a week away
I'm finding myself in a Nesting period.
I've gone from running 65-85 mile weeks and now I'm just doing nice relaxing fun runs. Nothing over 10 miles. So whats a boy do with his extra time. Well instead of banging out miles on the trail. The grass is getting mowed. I'm organizing closets and spending more time with Aneta which is good for me but I'm sure she is ready to kick me out. In fact she keeps asking me if I'm going to go for a run? Well I can take a hint. I spent an entire day packing my drop bags for the race. That proved to be a challenge. I had to ask myself, what do you need on the trail? where and what time? So I had to look ahead and take a guess. I will be able to drop a bag off at mile 16, mile 24, mile 35 and mile 50 so that means I will be able to visit those bags on the way back home on miles 64, 76 and 83. So how does one know where he might be, and when? If the sun is going down and you might want to get a flashlight from your needs bag and who knows if you are going to be on mile 60 or 80. More important. "WHERES MY TOILET PAPER"?



So what should a bratha take?.......That's tough so take it all. I'm pack'in aspirin, salt pills, power bar, towels, safety pins, shot blocks, gel pack, water, energy drink, Gatorade, chicken soap, nanners, PBJ sandwich, fuel belt, foot care products, duck tape, knife, body glide, gloves and warm cloths, rain gear, MP3 player, head lamp, camera, maps, predicted split times, cab fare (kidding) extra shoes, socks, sunscreen, bug spray, liquid band aid extra hats, bandannas and bunwipe.

Plus I will have a choice of food and gear that will travel in the crew car too. My crew chief plans to strap Fosters to the bumper of the car and drive ahead of me for motivation. That might work.


Well if I'm going to spend two

weeks Nesting, then I'm going

to take some time and carbload.

I've always heard it's a good idea and who am I to argue.





1 comment:

Bigun said...

nice shot! looks like jamesons and baileys...the beginnings of a Car Bomb! But, alas, no Guinness at the table...interesting martini there...looks like something my Sherpa bride would drink. Then again, what DOESN'T she drink?