THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 18, 2007



Well I guess the time is coming near. One
Week from today (Saturday) I will be 4 hours
into my first attempt of my first 100 mile Ulta.

The Lean Horse Ultra Marathon starts Saturday August 25Th at 6:00am from Hot Springs South Dakota and leads 140 runners down the Mickelson Trail to Hill City SD and back. Like I said before, this is my first attempt at the 100 mile distance. It's double the distance of my previous Ultra. The Lean Horse claims this is the easiest 100 mile race with limited elevation changes, crushed lime stone surface and no technical areas on this race course. The toughest part about this race is the distance and time on your feet. That's why I chose this race. I need all the help I can get.

Thursday August 23rd we travel from Omaha to North Platte to overnight. This is the halfway point. We'll drop off the dog and spend time with the parents.

Friday we'll leave North Platte and arrive in Hot Springs at 12:00pm to check into the hotel.

Participants and Crew check-in at 3:00pm.

3:30pm Final race briefing and medical check.

5:30pm to 9:30pm. The last supper. Participant and crew meal at the Flat Iron Grill.

9:31pm SLEEP!

Saturday August 25Th 5:00am race check-in.

6:00am Start of the race and run towards a buckle.

6:01am Wonder "what the "%*&#" I just got myself into.

Sunday August 26Th 8:00am I hope to be somewhere near the Finish Line.

Sunday August 26Th 12:00pm race course closes.

1:00pm Celebration Feast and awards ceremony.

1:01pm BEER and more BEER.



I thinks it's important to pick the right crew. This last week
Aneta (Crew Chief) has been giving me the royal treatment.
How lucky am I. A crew that gives nightly foot rub-downs.

I really don't know what I did to deserve this but you know
what they say. "When in Rome"

I think I'll just go with it.






Aneta plans to crew me by car during the race. The Lean Horse allows pacers during the final 50 miles of the race or a crew to meet you at various aid stations during the race.

I plan to have special needs drop bags at six different aid stations during the race and Aneta will drive ahead and meet up with me during the race for added support and anything else that I might need that might not fit in each drop bag.














Like I said it's important to pick the right crew.





Benefits, Benefits and more Benefits ...




2 comments:

Bigun said...

Oh, man...I can't even type...those ugly, black, crooked toes...but, she is Polish, so that could explain it... You're lucky to have a crew, and after posting that picture, you're even luckier to still have a crew! I ran all night once, sunset to sunrise, and that sucked...so what you're doing, well, that's got to suck a whole lot more! Try and have fun with that, and good luck!

Oly said...

Purple helmet must like purple toes as well?